Kiss The Sky



This is the view from the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere.  I peeked out on the 110th floor and yes, I felt dizzy.  Willis Tower or Sears Tower, as it will always be known to Chicagoans, soars 1,450 feet high and offers the perfect view of Chicago's iconic sky line.  The skyscraper also supplies a stunning panorama of four states-Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Wisconsin. I typically visit Sears Tower every year for a leisurely Easter brunch with my family and never really contemplate just how high up we are (except when my ears pop in the elevator.)  But this year, I was faced with the eye-popping reality when my husband and kids rushed out to the new Skydeck Ledge.  The Ledge consists of glass boxes that extend out 4.3 feet from the Skydeck on the 103rd floor.  You can gaze down at your feet and see the entire city. I passed on this opportunity and do not regret it one bit. I think I prefer my views more conventional and a little less scary.

Comments

I would have found it equally scary and yet enticing. Heights frigthen me and thrill me. That's a fab view. Many thanks.

Greetings from London.
eden said…
I would do the same, passed the opportunity..hehehe.. I am scared of height too. Here, we have the Centrepoint Tower which is 1,000 feet above the city of Sydney. The idea of visiting to see the magnificent views is very tempting but I never tried it for I might faint once I am on top..hehehe.

The view is superb. Great capture!

Happy Mother's Day!
Fly Girl said…
Eden, I know exactly what you mean!
Fly Girl said…
Cubano, that sounds like the expected, twisted scorpio thinking to me!
Unknown said…
It's a GOOD view, you do get a feeling of its size. Good shot.
I've heard of this. It would scare me a little, but I think I would also secretly love it.
Fly Girl said…
Rachel, you're funny! I don't think I'd secretly love anything that scares me.
Wendy said…
I'd love to photograph this view. What a nice Easter tradition.
Fly Girl said…
Wendy, it is an amazing view, you should go one day.

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Through A Liberian Childhood

Puerto Rico's Taino Culture

Switzerland's Fete Des Vignerons