A View From The Top: Montreal's Mount Royal



Topping 764 feet, Montreal's Mount Royal is the highest point in the city and the best place to grab panoramic views of the city.  Bikers, hikers and walkers fill the trails, as this is one of the most popular green spaces in Montreal. The mountain is surrounded by a lovely park landscaped by Frederick Law Olmsted, the same man who designed New York's Central Park.


Just below the mountain is Beaver Lake, a favorite spot for ducks in the summer and ice skaters in the winter.  The lush prettiness and great views make Mount Royal a Montreal must see.

Comments

Wendy said…
This is another city I must see. It's a short hop from NYC but a world apart.
Fly Girl said…
Wendy, a world a part is right. Montreal is very European, you must visit.
Catherine said…
I have only been to Montreal in the winter under snow - would love to see it in the summer and hike those trails. Greetings from London....thanks so much for you lovely comment on my final Mexico post - a country which is very very hard to give up but time for pastures new and I hope I will be inspired to keep on blogging from the South of France...
Fly Girl said…
Catherine, Montreal is beautiful with snow or without. How is London? My daughter will be there with her girl scout troop next week. I'm looking forward to your Monaco posts.
Looks beautful, Rosalind. It just so happens that I'll be making my first ever trip to Canada during the time I'll be in California in the next few weeks.
Fly Girl said…
Andrew, I'm so glad you'll be checking out Canada. I'm sure your pix will be amazing.
City parks like Mount Royal really enhance a city! Nice post!
Fly Girl said…
Heather, there's nothing like a big plot of green in the middle of a city!
Kirk said…
Ok Fly Girl now how did you get to the top: Bike, hike, walk or some other magical way..lol. Love the views.
Kirk said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fly Girl said…
Kirk, I hiked, very slowly!

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Through A Liberian Childhood

Puerto Rico's Taino Culture

Switzerland's Fete Des Vignerons