Toronto Art


I love Toronto for many reasons and sometimes it's hard to keep up with all of  those reasons whenever I visit. I  stayed in the entertainment district in downtown Toronto, to be close to TBEX events and every morning, as I rushed to the conference, I was struck by how many art pieces decorated my short journey. Within a block, I met with three striking creations, including the presentation above, called "A Touchstone."  They reminded me of colorful bowling pins but the pieces actually represent the trans Canada highway.



 I was intrigued by the whimsical sculpture sticking out from the Rogers Centre stadium, above.


And I passed this stark red piece  that reminded me of a sideways sailboat. Toronto boasts some great museums and galleries but I forgot that in this diverse city, you only have to step outside to enjoy all aspects of creativity.

Comments

Catherine said…
love the public art on display here - mexico was great for that too - gallery hopping too is one of my favourite pastimes...
Fly Girl said…
Catherine, public at is such a treat, especially when you don't expect it!
These are really striking, Rosalind!
Fly Girl said…
Andrew, thanks! There's nothing like imaginative street art to make a place memorable!
Lovely city I've heard. Many thanks for the tour.

Greetings from London.
Fly Girl said…
Cubano, Toronto is very similar to Chicago, that's one of the reason's I love it.

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Through A Liberian Childhood

Puerto Rico's Taino Culture

Switzerland's Fete Des Vignerons