Next Stop: Vancouver, Victoria and Haiti


I'm kicking off my travel year by visiting places that I've been interested in exploring for years. First, I'll be headed to the vibrant metropolis surrounded by mountains and water called Vancouver. Destination British Columbia is hosting me for a dive into the city's culture and natural beauty. I'm especially excited to attend the Coastal First Nations Dance Festival where I'll witness indigenous songs, stories and dance. I'll also be exploring the Capilano Suspension Bridge, Granville Island, Punjabi Market and hiking near the North Shore Mountains, among other things in my packed itinerary. Then I'll hop a helijet to Victoria and take in the famous Butchart Gardens and other sights in this old world city, pictured below.


Next, I'm off to the unspoiled beauty of Haiti for the International Jazz Festival of Port- au- Prince. The strength and pride of Haiti, despite the country's challenges has always attracted me. I'm thrilled to finally experience Haitian culture as well as view famous landmarks like Citadelle Laferriere, the largest fortress in the Americas, built by formerly enslaved Africans and a UNESCO World Heritage Site,shown below. Please stay tuned for posts about my whirlwind experiences.




Comments

Hope you had a great time in northern Haiti! Milot is so lucky to be the home of the great Citadelle. If you have pictures we love to share them on our twitter account @lakoulakaymilot
Fly Girl said…
Thanks so much for visiting Lakou! I will definitely share my photos on Twitter with you.

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Through A Liberian Childhood

Puerto Rico's Taino Culture

Switzerland's Fete Des Vignerons