Next Stop: India!


From the food, to the music, fashion and wellness, I've admired Indian culture for a long time. This week, I get to experience one of my top bucket list items by visiting Gujarat, on the Western coast of India. I'll be hosted by Gujarat Tourism and they have compiled an exciting itinerary, including witnessing  and participating in the annual Navaratri Festival, shown above. The nine day Hindu celebration is one of the most popular dance festivals in India, which celebrates the nine forms of goddess. Gujarat is also Gandhi's hometown so I'll be visiting his ashram and exploring ancient stepwells, temples and small towns. I know it will be a life-changing journey so please look out for posts and pix!

Comments

Unknown said…
Enjoy and I wait to read your story. Si informative and interesting. I return next month with clients for culture and safari. I LOVE India!
Fly Girl said…
Thanks so much Meredith! I'm so excited! And I still owe you Cali Photos!
Jade said…
Navratri is slowly drawing to a close! Did you like the festival?
www.thatgoangirl.com
I know! :-) I have seen your photos. You're having the time of your life.

Greetings from London.
Fly Girl said…
Thanks for your comments Jade! I loved Navarati and have the costume to prove it!

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Through A Liberian Childhood

Puerto Rico's Taino Culture

Switzerland's Fete Des Vignerons